*** RESOLVED*** TP-LINK NC450 Security cam wifi , REBOOTING, DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY ***SOLUTION***

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

*** RESOLVED*** TP-LINK NC450 Security cam wifi , REBOOTING, DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY ***SOLUTION***

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
101 Reply
Re:TP-LINK NC450 Security cam wifi indoor, REBOOTING, DISCONNECTING CONSTANTLY
2022-11-27 03:15:35

Same situation, the cameras are in rebooting loop until we blocked them from accessing internet. So this is something to do with TP Link Cloud and quite sure that it happens to same model globally.

Below is the hardware info:

Camera model: NC450

Hardware Version: 2.0

Firmware Version: 1.5.6

This can only be fixed by TP Link at the cloud level.

Options
2022-11-27 06:23:16
Yep. Australia as well. 2x NC450 cameras in separate locations started infinite reboot cycling over the past couple of days and only remain stable when not connected to a network. Have factory reset both and now unable to find them to reestablish connections. A shame to see this happening to others, glad to know I'm not the only one with crazy cameras
Options
2022-11-27 07:18:18

Same issue here. All started after regular auto reboot of all cameras yesterday 26/Nov early morning. Have tried all possible remedies with no luck. Awaiting to hear fm TP-Link.

Fchios Athens, GR

Options
2022-11-27 10:45:55 - last edited 2022-11-27 10:50:06

I've same issue here (Slovakia), but thank you for providing at least temporary fix to use camera for local/offline view and recording!!!

I've disabled internet access on my router for cameras and now all my 3 NC450 2.0 fw 1.5.6 work "OK", not rebooting anymore. So if anyone has this issue, as first step try disable cloud access... this at least saves you lot of troubleshooting time, if camera just after that stops rebooting and can be accessed locally.

I hope this is just kind of technical problem and not that tp-link attempts to stop all remaining customers using this "old" platform anymore :(

Options
2022-11-27 10:47:32

@Wpginterceptor same thing to my camera in Greece.

Options
2022-11-27 11:11:25 - last edited 2022-11-27 11:11:54

My email to t-link is below

Please use as a template for your email to tp-link.

Please DO email them, the more emails they get the more they will understand this is urgent.

Please don't think 'its ok everyone else is contacting tp-link' as it could give them the impression only a few people are affected. They need to know the impact, just email them, it only takes a moment.

Subject

tp-link AWS services regression causing webcam to constantly reboot (global issue - every webcam on the planet impacted)

Hello TP-link support

A change in your web services hosted on AWS (Amazon Web Serivces) is causing every single TP-link NC450 to constantly reboot itself over and over again for every single TP-link NC450 on the planet. That's a lot of devices.

I have disabled my 2 'TP-link NC450' from accessing your services hosted on AWS and this is a temporary workaround to prevent the device from constantly rebooting. It means the devices can at least record to the SD-card, but are otherwise somewhat useless.

For you to reproduce the issue:

1. plug in a 'TP-link NC450' web cam and allow it to connect to the internet

That's all you need to do.

There is no point whatsoever in me making any changes at my end because I can perfectly control if my 2 webcams will reboot or not, by either allowing or denying them access to your web services hosted on AWS. It means there is nothing wrong with my 2 webcams (that show identical behaviour) and means the problem:

• is NOT a local issue
  • is NOT related to any local network, or Wi Fi configuration
  • is NOT related to the hardware or firmware version of the webcam
  • is NOT related to the configuration of the web cam

and means

• there is no point in doing a reset, a factory reset, or changing any aspect of my web cam to 'fix' the problem

Only you at tp-link can resolve this issue by fixing the regression on your web services.

Please see this thread for more evidence that every device on the planet has this issue

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/590230?replyId=1153956

Please identify and share the root cause of this issue

Please consider this urgent, as the wasted energy and resources required to constantly reboot the device is unnecessary and costly to the planet.

Please also provide a firmware update so to ensure that any future failure of your web services does NOT cause the device to reboot.

Thank you

Matthew

Options
2022-11-27 12:34:09 - last edited 2022-11-27 12:34:44

Same problem here (Greece) since yesterday. I have 3 cameras NC450, two of them are rebooting. Only the 3rd one for some reason is still operating normal. Waiting for TP-Link reply...

Options
2022-11-27 13:15:02

@E8nikaras 

Hi all,

Same problem in Germany... 4 cameras show continuous rebooting.

Best regards,

Options
2022-11-27 14:26:21
Came hete with the exact same issue. Reboot loop. Just sent the tenplate email, hopefully they fix this soon.
Options
2022-11-27 14:50:01 - last edited 2022-11-27 14:54:22

@Wpginterceptor Same here 5 NC450 V2 in Mexico, issue started yesterday early morning

Options
Related Articles