Continuous reboots of the tp-link web cam.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-26 17:48:06
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

Problem: Continuous reboots of the tp-link web cam.

tp-link Camera

Model:NC450(UK)

Wifi Signal Strength as reported by the device: Very good

Hardware version 2.0

Firmware Version 1.5.6

I can use the TP camera Android App Version 3.1.20 running on Android 13 on Samsung GalzyS21Ultra5G device

The Android app allow me to:

• Connect to the Camera
  • View recordings made on the camera
  • View the live view and sound
  • See when the last motion was detected
  • Pan and tilt the camera up/down left/right

I can see that the camera is correctly recording to the sdcard, at least when its not in a reboot cycle.

I can also do the above also through the web browser interface at https://www.tplinkcloud.com/admin.php (view the live image, pan, tilt etc).

So what happens:

The LED light shows green, and then randomly flashes RED at differnet speeds/rate

It then reboots itself.

It is in a constant and continuous cycle of reboots. The LED goes GREEN for a few minutes, then the LED then goes RED static for a few moments, then RED then flashes and it reboots causing the camera to go up/down/full sweep. LED then goes back to GREEN for about 30 seconds or so before then starting the cycle over and over again. Whilst the LED is green I can do all the above things (view, pan tilt etc) but obviously not for very long, because about 30 seconds later the camera is on another reboot cycle.

The wifi connection is fine, I can see from the wifi router that it establishes loads of TCP and UDP connections to the DNS servers and lots and lots of various Amazon Web Services.

The obvious suggestion, I can see, is do a reset of the camera, but I see no point because I have 2 cameras that are identical, and both are doing the same thing. Why would they both decide to behave like this at the same time?!

I can also see a suggestion to re-establish the Wi-Fi connection as the Wi-Fi router is at least shared, but again, I can't see the point because there's no evidence there's a problem with the connection. The Wi-Fi router doesn't show a single entry or log that suggests any connection is dropped by it. The device itself says the Wi-Fi signal is 'very good'! Nothing has changed in the local environment and so its not a connection issue locally at least.

The firmware on the camera's hasn't been changed for months and months.

The cameras have been working very well for years and nothing in the local environment has changed. No other devices on Wi-Fi suggest there's a problem. So I'm convinced the problem here isn't local, but something external. I wonder if others have the same problem?

Any thoughts or comments are most welcome

Thank you

Matthew

Options
2 Reply
Re:Continuous reboots of the tp-link web cam.
2022-11-26 21:45:04
https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/590230 lets keep it here, as this has the most replies so far
Options
Re:Continuous reboots of the tp-link web cam.
2022-11-26 21:59:47

@FortMax So many thanks. I will post my replies there. I found a 'fix' (not really a fix, but a part workaround!)

Options