Is there a limit on the number of characters in the p/w forTapo C110 App?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-17 16:09:44
Tags: #Refresh
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: (2.11.43app) (1.8cam)

I am trying to completely start over with this cam & app, my last try to make it work.

If I reinstall the app after doing a reset, I want it to have the best chance of working.

The reason for total reinstall is that it constantly wants a "refresh" every 5 minutes, rendering it unusable.

It's an Android tablet with tons of processing power, same 2.4 wifi for both, no vpn on this router, location allowed

(is location even needed? I neither need nor use the upload-to-a-cloud aspect, if that is relevant to my question),

no odd settings in the router, basically everything I could think of, but it still constantly wants a tap for a refresh -- what is it refreshing, anyway?

So I need to be sure about the length of the password for the app. Oh, and which comes first-- uninstall the app or the cam reset ?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 119

Replies: 0

Tags

Refresh
Related Articles