Votes

Kasa App Away Feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Kasa App Away Feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa App Away Feature
Kasa App Away Feature
2022-12-28 23:39:16

Would it be possible to add a single "away" feature where you could select the different switches or plugs you want to be in it?  I

I'm out of town often and its a bit of a pain to go and pick what lights I want to be in away mode. It's even more of a pain to remember what lights I programmed to be away when I return. 

A single away mode function that I can turn on and off would be nice. 

Ryan

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa App Away Feature
2022-12-29 00:52:27 - last edited 2022-12-29 00:52:43

@RyanEverhart789 

Thank you for starting a feature request and sharing your idea with the community

Setting Away mode for a batch of devices sounds very useful and easy to operate. 

If any user has the same request, please leave your comment or vote for this feature!

Options
Re:Kasa App Away Feature
2023-02-07 17:31:22 - last edited 2023-02-07 17:36:29

@Solla-topee 

I have the same request.   My thought would be to add a Away On/Off setting (or I prefer to call it Random) as an action to a Smart Action.  I could create one Smart Action and add my devices that I want to be turn in a random mode (similar to Start an Away Mode).  I could then create a Scene where I enable this Smart Action and disable any other Smart Action to may control these devices.

To disable, create another Smart Action, turn off the Random setting (Stop an Away Mode), create a Scene to disable this Smart Action and enable the desired Smart Action.

Add the scenes to a Widget and you have one click to enable random on any number of devices and one click to disable random or put them on a schedule.

As a bonus, add a Random "On" Duration.

Place to put the Random On and Random Off is on the Action of a Smart Action:

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 269

Replies: 2

Voters 1