C320WS cam: Unable to view with TP-Link App but rtsp stream or Synology Surveillance are OK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C320WS cam: Unable to view with TP-Link App but rtsp stream or Synology Surveillance are OK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-29 11:25:56
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

My Synology Surveillance Station is recording video images from my C320WS.  The DS cam app connects easily with the C32WS. Any other third party app connects to the C320WS and If I want I can view the rtsp://.../stream2 using VLC on my MacBook.

Why can't I view live images using the TP-Link Tapo app? The 'wheel' keeps rotating but no live view shows up. I can, however, access all camera settings using the gear icon.

The camera is connected using a shielded STP-cable (out of reach of my wifi network).

Options
2 Reply
Re:C320WS cam: Unable to view with TP-Link App but rtsp stream or Synology Surveillance are OK
2022-12-30 10:16:55

@Marelli 

Have you updated your APP? If my VPN is on when i try to view my camera, it will do exactly like your case. The VPN connection must block something so the liveview cannot be viewed.

Options
Re:C320WS cam: Unable to view with TP-Link App but rtsp stream or Synology Surveillance are OK
2022-12-30 12:54:01
Yes App is up-to-date and no VPN
Options