Tapo c320ws camera Constant detections through the night due to rain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 10:30:39
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

Just got this camera to replace cheap one that was no good for motion detection.  However, it seems that this camera is much the same. I have motion detection on, set at 4, I've set the zones to just cover my drive yet it's picking up all movement it seems. 

Also, we had rain last night and the camera has sent almost constant alerts through the night, every minute or so. 

Basically, it would appear that when it rains, this camera is pretty much useless in reliable movement detection, or am I missing something?

Regards 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo c320ws camera Constant detections through the night due to rain
2022-12-31 19:08:56

@Frenchbob Well this is the second day, it's only just turned dark with Street lighting, it's raining and even though I've turned motion detection off, and AI off. I still get constant alerts with vids uploaded to the cloud, dozens of them!

Loads of alerts showing line crossing yet I've got the lines way back from the road. Video shows people walking past nowhere near the lines I've marked.  

I've got a Reolink Argus2 camera, it's not perfect but I get none of this !

Think it's going to have to go back, I've got the whole house using Tapo smart products, so disappointed with this camera.  Seems to me it's not for for purpose, how did it get such good reviews online?

Tapo. Do you read this? Response?

Options
2023-02-17 18:23:00

Frenchbob wrote

@Frenchbob Well this is the second day, it's only just turned dark with Street lighting, it's raining and even though I've turned motion detection off, and AI off. I still get constant alerts with vids uploaded to the cloud, dozens of them!

Loads of alerts showing line crossing yet I've got the lines way back from the road. Video shows people walking past nowhere near the lines I've marked.  

I've got a Reolink Argus2 camera, it's not perfect but I get none of this !

Think it's going to have to go back, I've got the whole house using Tapo smart products, so disappointed with this camera.  Seems to me it's not for for purpose, how did it get such good reviews online?

Tapo. Do you read this? Response?

did you find a solution on this or returned the cams?  @Frenchbob 

Options
2023-02-17 19:37:55

Not really, I don't have time to spend on sorting this. I've tweaked the settings but it seems no matter what I do, anyone walking past still sets it off.  I've adjusted the zones right away from the road/footpath but makes no difference. Apart from that, it's a great camera. Regards, Bob. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 542

Replies: 3

Related Articles