Wall Switch to Control Kasa Smart Bulbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-11 10:28:04

Just installed some Kasa KL125 smart bulbs into an overhead fixture with plans to just remove the wall switch and plate it over.

But I’m wondering if there’s a way I can replace the switch with a switch that never cuts power and instead controls the bulbs over Wifi?

I’ve found results online for Hue and ZWave but that doesn’t help with the Kasa bulbs. Even something generic that I’d have to wire up through IFTTT would be acceptable.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wall Switch to Control Kasa Smart Bulbs
2023-01-23 08:10:36

Multiple brands including kasa make wifi smart wall switches. A good technique is to use smart bulbs in lamps and smart switches for light switches. It keeps people from flipping the switch and killing the power to your smart bulb.

I don't recommend doubling up smart bulbs connected to smart switches. That's expensively redundant.

On another note, replacing all your switches with smart switches can put a strain on the wifi network. That's why some people will recommend zwave or ZigBee.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 308

Replies: 1

Related Articles