Re-Configure C200 Remotely

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-14 14:15:59
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello,

I had a Tapo C200 already installed and configured at my home. I was checking the feed on the Tapo App today and noticed that Camera is offline. I have restarted the camera and the router by removing the power adapter and inserting them again. However the camera is still showing amber light.

I would like to know whether there is any way I can remotely reconfigure the camera so that I can continue to view the feed on Tapo App. 

Thanks

Aditya

Options
2 Reply
Re:Re-Configure C200 Remotely
2023-01-15 12:26:25

@AdityaN I think I have a similar problem.

The device was offline in the app so we decided to go for a reset.

Tried to press and hold for 5 seconds and more but it wont reset.

Also tried to turn off the device, wait 10 minutes and more, then turn the device back on to press the reset button. The solid red LED light then blinks slowly and turns into amber.

Also tried removing the tapo camera from the Tp link app. But cannot add the device back anymore.

"Tapo_Cam_767E" is also not showing up in the list of wifi networks.

Hoping someone could help us resolve this issue.

Options
Re:Re-Configure C200 Remotely
2023-01-16 18:16:23

@jayjayrovelo  Hi,

Actually the problem was not in the camera in my case. The internet link was not stable and was camera was therefore offline. Infact my smoke detector was offline too. However, in the middle of the night the smoke detector came back online and I got a notification in a different app. I checked the Tapo App and yes the camera was online too. I didnt remove the camera from my App else, I would have to travel 2000km to bring the camera back into the app !!

I suggest you check the internet connection stability. Most likely that would be the solution. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 2

Related Articles