Routine to blink smart bulb light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-01 05:44:42

I’ve seen this feature with other video doorbells. I attempted to create a routine in Alexa to flash one of our lights (Tp-Link Kasa Smart Bulb) a different color when the doorbell is pressed. I can’t save the routine in the Alexa app (the save option is grayed out). I’m assuming it’s not supported or I’m doing something wrong. Does anyone have this set up and if so, how? Any workarounds?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Routine to blink smart bulb light
2023-02-02 01:52:37

@AkinBre12 

Thank you for the case report. 

Please confirm kasa bulb and doorbell is available in the kasa app over the internet, try to switch to mobile data on the phone, can you control both devices? 

If not, try to reboot the bulb by cut off the power and power it on or factory reset the bulb and reinstall it in the kasa app.

May I have the screenshots of the Alexa routine setting this helps to understand issue you reported better, thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 1