Night vision live view shows straight white light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-02 09:15:36
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Has anyone experienced seeing a straight white light right in the middle of the live view on night vision? It's not visible during day time. Is this fixable or better get a new one? This was installed about a year now. Appreciate any feedback. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Night vision live view shows straight white light
2023-02-03 07:08:36

Hi  @CMTi 

Thank you for the feedback. This white light looks strange, did you try to move the camera? Will this white light switch to different positions as the lens moves? Or does it stay where it is in the picture?

Is there a lighting device Under the camera or at the farthest point of the light source? Such as infrared lamps, and ultraviolet lamps?

Have you tried to factory reset the camera? You can also try to shake the camera and see if it helps, avoid the possibility of filter jamming.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-02-04 02:23:24

Hi @Wayne-TP 

It's really weird, it's gone now. I didn't do anything with the camera, as it's hard to reach. Was about to pan and tilt the camera, and do what you suggested, but when I checked the live view, it's back to normal. I don't have any lamps or lighting device under the camera or at the point of the light source. If the light white does come back, will do first your initial suggestions. Really appreciate it. 

Options
2023-02-06 02:54:12

@CMTi 

Thank you for the feedback! That's quite weird indeed. May i know when did the white light disappear and when did you do the pan&tilt test? For example, did the white light disappear right after you have done the pan&tilt test? (If it disappears during the test, you should be able to notice it immediately.)

Or do you mean you did the pan&tilt test when the white light still there (did it follow the movement?) before you post the thread? But now it disappeared when you try to do the test again?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-02-06 03:40:51

@Wayne-TP 

I actually did not do anything with the camera either before or after posting here. I haven't even done any pan/tilt test yet (was about to) but when I checked the live view, the light just somehow disappeared and the camera night vision live view was back to normal. Really, really weird. Anyway, if the light does come back (hopefully not),  will update here. 

Options
2023-02-07 03:02:42

@CMTi 

I see, thanks for the feedback. Let's see what happens after. smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 5

Related Articles