Connect C310 to Tapo app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect C310 to Tapo app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connect C310 to Tapo app
Connect C310 to Tapo app
2023-02-09 18:08:08 - last edited 2023-02-09 20:17:27
Tags: #Installproblem
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

C310 Camera and Android phone is connected to same router. Both Camera and Android phone are visible in routers interface (they have IP adress) but app will not connect to Camera. Camera is reset'ed about 5 times but does not make any difference. Any ideas why app do not find Camera - thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect C310 to Tapo app
2023-02-10 10:54:55

@jazzDude 

Hello, thank you for posting. Are you in the configuration process or does the camera disappear from the APP after configuration? Please share a screenshot of the error here, so that we can provide better suggestions. 

If you are stuck on the setup process, this FAQ might be helpful, FYI. What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Connect C310 to Tapo app
2023-02-10 15:06:07 - last edited 2023-02-10 15:27:13

"Are you in the configuration process or does the camera disappear from the APP after configuration?"

I am only in the configuration process. The Tapo app does not discover the camera so the Camera is never added to the app. The C310 and Android phone are connected to the same router. Tried on 2 different routers. Both Phone and Camera have an ip adress on the router. App does never discover camera. Reset camera 5-10 times.

Also I noticed the the Tapo App does not ask for all the same permissions on Android phone as my D-Link app does. So I add these permission (Nearby devices) to the app on the Android phone. But still the app does not discover Tapo C310 Camera.

Finely I am connecting the Camera to internet via cable solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 2

Tags

Installproblem
Related Articles