Moving Tapo app to new phone - how to reconnect Tapo C210 cameras to app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 11:32:21
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have two C210 cameras installed in my house abroad. I can view and manage them from the app on my present mobile phone in the UK.
I am about to renew my phone and I want to view and manage the cameras on my new mobile phone prior to disposal of my present phone.
Is there a procedure for connecting the cameras to the app on my new phone, bearing in mind that the cameras are approximately 7,000 miles away and I won't have physical access to them until next year? Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Moving Tapo app to new phone - how to reconnect Tapo C210 cameras to app
2023-02-19 16:51:48

@guaitai 

I have managed to sort the query myself.

I've just received my new phone and during set-up it transferred all apps and settings from my old phone, including the Tapo app camera connection details. So, to my surprise, my new phone has now got a working Tapo app and I am able to view and control my cameras.

Options
Re:Moving Tapo app to new phone - how to reconnect Tapo C210 cameras to app
2023-02-20 08:59:05

@guaitai 

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to know your problem is resolved now! Tapo devices are bound to your TP-Link ID, you're able to view and manage your devices on different phones/tablets with the TP-Link ID. 

To improve your account security level, it is recommended to enable the 2FA (Two-Step Verification)  for the Tapo APP. Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options