Can I view my Tapo's streaming outside my network via VLC?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 07:50:11
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.18

I'm currently working 9 hours a day, 6 days a week, and our company strictly monitors phone usage. However, we're allowed to use VLC on our computers. Is it possible to use VLC to view streaming outside of my home network while I'm in the office?

Also, let's say I'm currently logged in on my Tapo and someone logged in to my account as well. What will happen to my current logged-in session will my Tapo account be disconnected on my end? Because I want to share my account with my partner so she can use all the functions of admin account.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I view my Tapo's streaming outside my network via VLC?
2023-02-23 01:42:58

@YourUncleMike 

Port 554 for the camera on the host router is required to open for remote viewing via RTSP (VLC). How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Each camera supports up to 2 simultaneous video streams. You could use up to 2 devices to live view the camera at the same time using the Tapo App or the RTSP. When the number of views reaches the limit, a pop-up will be displayed accordingly.

Refer here to check more details about Tapo camera: General Questions about the Tapo Camera

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 1