Tapo C310 not showing Live stream on PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-28 19:36:53 - last edited 2023-02-28 19:44:46
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi,

I recently purchased a Tapo C310 camera and it works fine. I'm able to view the Live stream on my phone etc. I tried to setup RTSP stream with different programs on my Windows PC, but none of them were able to show me a Live stream. I tried Onvif Device Manager as well, it shows the IP, Firmware, Model of the camera etc, so it is able to detect it but when I click on Live video all I see is a black screen with "No Signal".

The way I have it setup: I have my modem/router downstairs and I have a long Ethernet cable coming up into my bedroom. The cable goes into a switch, Ethernet cable from the switch to my PC and a Router setup as Access Point (DHCP off, static IP) for WiFi. The camera is connected to this AP router. I'm able to ping the IP address of the camera, I'm also able to do an nmap on it and see that ports 443, 554, 1025, 2020, 8443 and 8800 are open. I already have the latest Firmware version installed, at this point I have no clue what the problem could be, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I used the instructions on this page: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2680/

When it asks for credentials I tried putting in a wrong password and it says: "No media endpoints" and when I put in the right password it let's me create it (so it is able to connect to the camera) then it shows this: https://i.imgur.com/umpLxiy.png

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 not showing Live stream on PC
2023-03-01 03:28:23

@pck 

Due to the limited hardware performance of the camera itself, Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or SD card recordings.

If you are using an SD card and Tapo Care at the same time, the NVR(RTSP/ONVIF) will be disabled. To restart the recording on the NVR, please remove the SD card from the camera. >>Q3.4 General Questions about the Tapo Camera

Does this camera have Tapo care subscription and SD card at the same time? Try to remove the SD card or remove the camera from Tapo care plan then test the Onvif device manager again. 

Note: Tapo care trial service cannot be retrieved once it is canceled. If you're on the free trial, please remove the SD instead. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 1

Related Articles