Tapo C110 Disconnects from WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-08 14:06:05 - last edited 2023-03-08 14:09:10
Tags: #tapo c110
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello everyone!

Perhaps someone would be able to provide a solution on the issue I am currently experiencing on the Tapo C110 cams. I am already at my wits' end.

SETUP:
Network Topology: ISP -> ISP Modem -> pfSense -> (4x) POE Ruckus APs (not meshed) -> VLAN (IoT / Guests / etc.)

All three of the cams are being accessed by BlueIris (NVR) via RTSP.

PROBLEM:
I have three Tapo C110. At random, one or three of them would disconnect from the WiFi. Sometimes, they disconnect almost at the same time. I see no feed in BlueIris and when I use the Android app, they the ones that got disconnected show up "Offline".

TROUBLESHOOTING I HAVE DONE:

1. They were at first connected to the IoT VLAN where no internet traffic existed. This is where I first encountered the issue.

2. Opened-up NTP port. Same issue.

3. Provided unrestricted internet access. Same issue.

4. Changed SSID to another. Same issue.

5. Followed the instructions found in Troubleshooting FAQ: What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?  which also includes setting the channel to a specific value (disabled SmartSelect). Same issue.

6. Tried to connecting one directly to the ISP modem's WiFi. It could not connect while setting it up despite providing a password of 12 characters (required by the modem).

7. Enabled  debugging on the cams. I couldn't make out much but from what I can see, the OS did not hang. It was even able to perform a scheduled reboot of itself which restored its connectivity to the WiFi network.

7. Attempted to get a TL-WR902AC but I am having trouble connecting it to the network. I don't have a free port to connect it to. Maybe I will put more effort on this tomorrow.

I have the diagnostic logs.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C110 Disconnects from WiFi
2023-03-14 02:50:18

@mSchnauzer 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Please confirm what's the led status of the camera when it displays offline? How often does it happen?

Does this problem occur on the local network as well? 

Can you try to configure the camera to the guest network or mobile hotspot (with another phone) for comparison test? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 259

Replies: 1

Tags

tapo c110
Related Articles