Votes

Receive notification on my cell phone when the washing machine has finished

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-16 10:46:56 - last edited 2023-03-17 01:39:11
Model: Tapo P115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 221114 Rel. 203339

Hi there,

My conventional (non-smart) washing machine is connected to a smart plug Tapo P115.  How could I receive a notification on my cell phone when the washing machine has finished (it turns off when a wash cycle ends)?

I have tried to create a routine in IFTTT but there are no events related to electricity consumption for the P115, so there is no way to detect that the washing machine has turned off.

What alternatives do I have?

Thanks!

Regards,

Options
1 Reply
Re:Receive notification on my cell phone when the washing machine has finished
2023-03-20 17:26:46

@HoyYaNoSoyYo 

I believe that your alternative will be DIY.

The only thing i can think of when comparing your request with the TAPO device list is to detect vibrations of the washing machine using a smart contact sensor.

By tuning the distance of the two part of the sensor , one fixed on the machine, one fixed on a support that does not move : you'll be able to detect the machine vibrations but keep in mind that any assembly here needs a tuning system otherwise you'll get some headache (like bolt with dual nuts on the fixed  one). A smart use of timers will then help you to filter and to produce an acceptable ON/OFF signal based on the moment where the distance between the two parts of the sensor increase enough to detect an "opening".

You can also  use anything magnetic to trigger a smart contact sensor. magnet with floater, magnet glued to a wheel/drum/motor with the contact sensor outside of the tank to detect rotation. You can imagine everything magnetic after inspecting your machine. Any other way will require the opening of the wash machine with some plumber and electrician talents required. the machine has all the sensors you need but it is quite dangerous to access it.

At home, on my legacy washing machine, i'm using smart contact sensor with burglary detection function hidden behind it. When the sensor vibrates or move : it declares "burglary attempt or sensor access attempt" and i know that my laundry is being processed. After vibrations extinction,  a timer later and i'm good. But this is not "yet" featured from TAPO stuff from what i read.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 273

Replies: 1

Voters 1