Home/Away Mode what’s the difference? C210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-18 06:42:09 - last edited 2023-03-22 01:05:10

I could see any description in the manual, can someone please explain to me the difference between home mode and away mode? What affect does it have on the camera and how and when should I use either? Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Home/Away Mode what’s the difference? C210
2023-03-20 16:24:26 - last edited 2023-03-22 01:05:10

@Tedminator 

the basic use is to enable the passive detection while you're not at home. If something or someone triggers the detection, the camera wil issue a irritating and repetitive sound (even if the manufacturer could have achieved something more painful).

Current problem with the app is to get some automation around this like geofencing to switch the mode without any manual action. I was not able to find this feature in the APP.

Options
Re:Home/Away Mode what’s the difference? C210
2023-03-22 01:10:26

@Tedminator 

The home mode and away mode are the shortcuts where you can switch the camera to different motion detection settings (motion detection, alarm, notification, etc). You can refer here for more details. How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera​​​​​​​

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2142

Replies: 2

Related Articles