New C310 not recoding any Video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 20:12:10
Tags: #Faulty and need a solution
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Just purchased a C310 camera, to supplement my other indoor Tapo cameras, and I have discovered that the camera is not recording any video, regardless of the settings e.g continuous recording or detection recording. It will record if I press record while watching a live feed, but as soon as to close the app, the recording stops.  I've searched online to see if there is a solution, however, all advice, which is documented in the manual does not work. All my other cameras work as expected, e.g continuous recording with the scheduled recording set for  24 hours. Detection and alerts are working as expected, but no files are being shown from the memory unless you do a manual record.  I have reset the camera and formatted the sd card but it is still not working. So disappointed, especially after I have installed the camera looking over the garden and drive.    

Options
3 Reply
Re:New C310 not recoding any Video
2023-03-27 08:08:54

@Layshaft 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Please confirm if you can see anything on the Playback page? The Memory page only saves the manual record videos and pictures.

Can you share some screenshots of the settings of this camera (e.g. recording schedule, detection & alerts, MicroSD card condition.) so that we can help to have a further look?

What's the brand, class level and capacity of the SD card? Have you tried to put it into another camera, see if it works on another camera?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-27 11:14:08

@Layshaft 

Thanks. I thought that each day was saved to the memory card, not just manual records and pictures. I have just checked my other TC70 cameras and they are the same. I should have read the manual.  It seams that this is a common error has there are several post on the same issue.

Once again thanks.  

Options
2023-03-28 03:04:19

@Layshaft 

Thank you for the reply. Do you mean there is no recording on the Playback page as well? May I know what's the SD card recording schedule of your cameras?

The video saved to the SD card is based on the recording schedule you set. You can refer to pic 8&9 in this FAQ for more details. How to use motion detection function of my Tapo camera in Tapo app

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 395

Replies: 3

Tags

Faulty and need a solution
Related Articles