C200 turns off when it rotates to 360 degree position/location

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 20:19:46
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.19

Every time my C200 rotates all the way to the 360 degree position, the LED goes off and the camera goes offline/ powers off. This just started a couple days ago. I've had it almost a year with no problems until now. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:C200 turns off when it rotates to 360 degree position/location
2023-03-27 08:24:48

@Rissag 

Hello, thank you for the post. Are you controlling the camera with the APP or by moving the camera itself? 

1. Please check if the power cable is pulled during the camera rotation (especially when it reaches 360 degrees). Please provide a picture of the camera's location if possible.

2. Try to change a different power adapter if you own one. 

3. Try to factory reset the camera. (Note: all the settings will be reset, as well as the local recordings, ensure the SD card videos are backup before you proceed the factory reset.) How to reset my Tapo camera

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-29 02:11:57
Hello, I have tried all of those things. I am controlling it thru the app. Now it wont turn on at all! Tried a different outlet and everything. I ended up ordering a new one today and it'll be here tomorrow. I really love that camera and I have no idea why it just stopped working suddenly. I looked at the order details and it says it is too late to return it. So I just ordered a new one. Didn't know what else to do..
Options
2023-03-29 09:14:16

@Rissag 

From the description, it is likely the problem of camera hardware failure, resulting in camera power failure when the rotation angle reaches the limit. Now the camera is completely unable to turn on the camera proves this speculation.

It is recommended to contact the retailer or the local TP-Link support to check for warranty. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 3

Related Articles