Crackling Sound when viewing Live and Playback.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-28 11:04:23
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Just bought March 23 this C200 pan/tilt camera.

I like the video quality but the sound has a crackling noise in Live or Playback form.

Also I'm unable to playback via a PC as files appear with X's 

See photo

Files Caption

Options
6 Reply
Re:Crackling Sound when viewing Live and Playback.
2023-03-29 08:03:03

@Tapo226 

Good day! Thank you for the post.

For the sound issue,

1. Ensure the internet status on your phone and the camera host network are both strong and stable

2. Try to switch a network on your mobile device to view the camera

3. Disable VPN on your phone (if any)

4. Try to watch the camera under local network (same wifi as the camera), see if the problem still exists.

As for the recorded videos, here is a QA in this FAQ can answer your question.  

General Questions about the Tapo Camera  Q5.3 What can I do if the video recordings from the SD card cannot be played on a computer?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-16 12:54:24

@Tapo226 
I have C200 for more then 1y. Video is OK, BUT sound quality is not.
It sound vary i loudness like "waves" with echo. Yes you can hear that some is talking ,but you can not "hear" what they say due very poor sound quality (not loudness).
I think the mic input it too high.
I would like to have a controll, where I can regulate the incomming sound volume and avoiding echo, waves, etc and able to hear what is said.

Options
2023-04-18 09:52:42

@ludde28 

Can you briefly describe the environment the camera is in? Where is the Camera placed? How far from the ground? 

If the camera is placed in a relatively open environment, or the sound source is far away from the camera, there may be a problem of poor reception. In addition, the camera's ability to pick up ambient sounds is not as good as that of human voices. (Example: Sounds from a TV)

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-19 09:34:47 - last edited 2023-04-19 09:36:09

@Wayne-TP 
It is inside in a living room on a table (summer house, C200).
free sight to the router (aprox 4m). (router- fiber 600mB up/down).
Sound (the speech) vary (dull -> iieeeiii -> pitching echo -> low frequency unhearable "?gibble?" (?english word?). You may at best recognize one or two words from the record.

Options
2023-04-20 08:01:16

@ludde28 

Thank you for the update. We would like to take a further look at this case, can you share some videos with us? A support ticket will be sent to you later, please check your inbox and confirm. 

Options
2023-04-20 09:31:31

@Wayne-TP 
Hello,
i cant find the video files in the apk when i click on "playback and memory"  and then memory-tab.
In the tab i can see only 3 videos from last year ( i can download those).
In playback-tab i can swipe back and see and play the latest video (5 days old and others -via calender), BUT can not find how to download it to my phone. Do not see any download option, as it shows in memory-tab.
In setup i have the option save on SD-card ON. Do not have cloud.
And im not physically near the camera for a while.
I can upload the old video from last year, as the sound problem is the same.
But now i have also an question, why do i not see the latest videos on memory-tab, and how do I enable DL of the latest videos (and so they show in memory tab).

Options