ovif device manager

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ovif device manager

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ovif device manager
ovif device manager
2023-04-08 08:27:22
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi for viewing on my pc I use ovif device manager, I have a c100 tapo camera and have had no problem with ovif picking it up, works perfectly.

c100

hardware v2

firmware 1.1.15

I have just purchased a c310  and it comes back authority failure on the same software.

am I doing something wrong, or is it a software issue, hopefully you could put me on the right track.

Cheers Trev

Options
5 Reply
Re:ovif device manager
2023-04-11 06:30:23

@trexuk 

Hello! Do you have SD card on this C310 and enable the Tapo Care (Or free trial) at the same time?

Due to the limited hardware performance of the camera itself, Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or SD card recordings. If you are using an SD card and Tapo Care at the same time, the NVR(RTSP/ONVIF) will be disabled. To restart the recording on the NVR, please remove the SD card from the camera.

Double-confirm the username and password of the camera account. And check if the IP address of this C310 changes.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-11 07:38:48

@Wayne-TP Hi many thanks for the reply, I have not got my cameras connected to a NVR , I am using my pc with onvif device manager just to view them.

the trouble being the c310 will not connect. I do have sd cards in both of my cameras, and not connected to tapo care, and  do realize that on the pc I cannot view recorded content.

it's just that  onvif cannot connect to the ip address of the c310 and both cameras are set up the same

Options
2023-04-13 02:48:12

@trexuk 

Thank you for the update. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-04-15 07:51:52
Hi they have been in touch and now sorted Thanks for your help
Options
2023-04-18 22:17:43

@trexuk Thanks for the tip regarding Onvif Device Manager! That is the best viewer for PC I have seen so far. I also have Tapo C310 and SD card only. I can log in to the camera and get a live view just fine, but I get the same error message as you show regarding "web page". Did you solve that?

Also, are you able to see events properly via Onvif Device Manager? It would be great if MotionDetection events could be viewed that way (and downloaded...). I get a list of events, but the "Arrival time" is 00:00:00 for all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 5