ALARM went off by itself - worried and frightening!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-09 20:26:01
Tags: #Alarm
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.22 Build

I have used this camera for 6 months as a babycam for when my child is sleeping. I have never had a problem with it, never questioned its safety. However, this evening it started to flash a bright light with a loud siren noise out of nowhere. My child was sleeping at the time so this was incredibly unnerving and upsetting.

Has there been a security breach?

I do not pay or have for the advanced settings. I purely use this camera as a motion detector. I have never seen it flash a bright white light or heard a noise from it before.

Please help! TC70

Options
1 Reply
Re:ALARM went off by itself - worried and frightening!
2023-04-10 11:40:14

@Babycam 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. For the problem you reported, we would like to confirm some details with you.

Did you switch the camera to Home Mode/ Away Mode, which has different motion detection settings? What is your camera Alarm setting?

Have you enabled the Tapo 2FA (Two-Step Verification)? You can check the Trusted Devices and login activity, see if there is any abnormality. 

Did the camera record any videos? Is there any motion in the screen that might trigger a motion detection alert? Such as light reflections or traces of mosquitoes flying by.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 1

Tags

Alarm
Related Articles