Asks me if I want to continue streaming every 10 minutes from the same wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Asks me if I want to continue streaming every 10 minutes from the same wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 19:12:39
Tags: #Live View #KASA App
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 2.3.15

The KASA app asks me if I want to continue streaming every 10 minutes. This happens on both my phone and my ipad. They are all connected to the same wifi network. My ipad does not have cellular connectivity therefore it can only view the camera through the local wifi network. The KASA app has local network access in the settings. The network is not set to low data mode.

I have reset my wifi router as well as my modem. I have turned my ipad and iphone off and back on. I have powered the camera off and back on.

If I disconnect my internet cable from the modem, although everything stays connected to the wifi network, I can no longer view the stream from any of my devices. This does not seem normal. I do not have notifications enabled nor do I have Kasa care. Why would my camera connect to the internet before being viewed on my local network?

The problem persists after everything tried above.

Please assist.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Asks me if I want to continue streaming every 10 minutes from the same wifi network
2023-05-17 08:48:42

@necsin 

Hi, 
Currently, only one client device can use the local stream at a time for the Kasa Cam, please check if any other devices stream the camera's video locally or watch the Playback recordings.
And please check if there are special settings on your Wi-Fi routers, such as the AP isolation, access control, firewall level, etc., which may block the local communication between the camera and your devices.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Asks me if I want to continue streaming every 10 minutes from the same wifi network
2023-05-17 18:41:31

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

I usually only stream it on the ipad. I checked on my phone and the same happens, whether or not it's the only device connected at that time. No other device is connected.

My wifi network does not have AP Isolation, access control or even qos. Nothing at all has changed regarding my router or modem.

I went on vacation, occasionally checking the stream and when I came back all the sudden my ipad kept throwing that message.

While double checking all the settings on my router I saw there was a new firmware available. I did the update and it seems to have cleared the issue. I will come back here if it happens again.

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 2

Tags

Live View
KASA App
Related Articles