Mesh wifi nodes won’t automatically reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 07:23:44
Tags: #Deco Lab #Mesh wifi

I have a Deco S4 AC1200 mesh wifi system setup at home and have found the whole setup to work brilliantly. However, if there is ever a power outage or if the broadband service goes down, I need to manually switch off and restart every deco unit one at a time to get everything back up and running again. 

Is there any setting I can change to make them automatically reconnect without this hassle each time? Thanks. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mesh wifi nodes won’t automatically reconnect
2023-05-18 03:35:01

@Art_deco 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is supposed to reconnect without any further configuration. So could you please help me check the following details:

1. May I know your internet service provider and the model number of the ISP fiber modem?

2. Can I have a picture of your network layout? Are there any DVR/NVR or smart hubs connected via Ethernet cable to the main Deco S4?

3. If you could reproduce this issue, please also check the following details:

• Would the main S4 maintain solid red before a restart?
  • Connect to its Wi-Fi and go back to Deco APP>More>Internet connection, and save a picture of the IPV4 settings.
  • Please compare the IPV4 settings before and after the internet is restored to see whether they are completely different IP addresses.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Mesh wifi nodes won’t automatically reconnect
2023-05-18 12:16:23 - last edited 2023-05-18 12:17:00

@David-TP Thanks for your reply. Right now I can confirm the below:

1) Sky is our ISP. It's a Sky Q hub. 
2) The only device directly connected into the main deco is a TP Link Powerline adapter. I use the paired Powerline adapter for wifi in another room in our house. I have my Heatmiser Neo hub connected directly into our Sky router. 
3) The light remains red before a restart. The same for all the decos. 

I will check the other details shortly. Thanks. 

Options