How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone

How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone

18 Reply
Let's Vote!-Solution
2024-01-17 03:21:13 - last edited 2024-01-17 03:21:17

For users who consider this feature essential, redirect to this feature request post, vote, and share your thoughts there!

Choose notification sound

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re: How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone
2024-05-12 17:54:01

@MarcosDagn I have a smart scene set with my hub so when my cameras detect anything it goes off bc it's loud. The notifications for Tapo C420 cameras are not loud enough even turned all the way up on iPhone I hope they are working on this 

MarcosDagn wrote

Hello, I wanted to know how to change the sound of notifications from the tapo app or from the sensors in ios (iphone) when they are activated because it is just a beep and if you are sleeping you do not feel it and this issue has me very concerned.
Thank you in advance

Options
Re: How can I change the sound of notifications of the volumetric and magnetic tapo sensors on iPhone
2024-05-12 21:02:13

@Wayne-TP 

We placed a Tapo sensor on the bedroom floor of a loved one with dementia so when he attempts to get out of bed, the alarm on the Tapo Hub rings. We also have a camera in the room which sounds notifications to our phones if our loved one moves but this can be triggered from something as simple as him raising his knees up in the bed.

This alarm sounding on the Tapo Hub is a game changer for us and wakes up anyone who might be sleeping in the house, but the drawback is that someone absolutely needs to be in the house in order to hear this.

Our loved one lives alone and is only happy there. Moving out of his home would unsettle him. It is not practical for someone to always be in the house overnight with him but family members live only 5 minutes away so we need a way for him getting out of bed to trigger an alarm style notification on our phones.

Another option might be to have alarm devices in our homes that are linked through the App using smart automation.

The requirement is simply to be able to get a loud enough notification to wake you **whilst in locations remote to where the sensors are installed**.

Options
Let's Vote!
2024-05-13 06:57:19

@Wayne-TP Is there any workaround this? Does Smart Actions already implement this or is it planned at least?

The exact reason why I (and many other customers) bought this system is to get alarmed when somebody is breaking into their house (or garage with expensive cars), in order to take some action (call police, go there, talk to thief, etc).

I have tried the following approaches:

• Change the notification tone for the Tapo App => doesn't work on IPhone :(
  • Set up a Smart Action-rule => doesn't work, because there is no Action "Play a sound file". This would be very useful!

Is there any way to configure Tapo cloud to make a phone call when an intrusion is detected? This would also solve the problem very effectively!

Without this feature, the system is virtually useless to me and I am afraid I have to return it.

Options
2024-05-21 20:01:55

@Tushar_P  I have found a workaround for this. Download the app IFTTT and search for Tapo in the app and there is a simple string of commands that allows you to set up that the app calls your phone with a VOIP call when a person is detected. Works very well for me

Options
2024-05-22 08:30:28

Jarydsnyman wrote

@Tushar_P  I have found a workaround for this. Download the app IFTTT and search for Tapo in the app and there is a simple string of commands that allows you to set up that the app calls your phone with a VOIP call when a person is detected. Works very well for me

@Jarydsnyman 

Nice idea! Would you like to create a new post to share your tricks? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-05-28 20:08:05

@Wayne-TP  For many of us, we are not at the location where the hub is located (example a cottage or second property or we are at work) and we require an alarm to go off on the Hub AND our phones. This is doable. For example, when the Tapo Doorbell (D230) is pressed, an alarm goes off on the Hub AND my phone. Please enable a phone-based alarm feature in addition to the hub alarm. Thank you.,

Options
2024-08-16 08:46:54

Want a louder iPhone? No problem! Let's see if we can crank it up a bit.

First off, check your settings. Go to Settings, then Sounds & Haptics. There's a thing called "Reduce Loud Sounds" – try turning that off. It’s there to protect your ears, but if you're in a noisy place and need that extra oomph, give it a shot.   

Also, in the same settings menu, look for "Headphone Safety". This one's similar, but for your headphones. If you're using wired or wireless earbuds, turning this off might give you a volume boost.   

A little tip: Sometimes, using your iPhone's speaker in a bowl or cup can actually amplify the sound. It's a bit of a DIY speaker hack, but hey, it might work in a pinch!   

Options
Related Articles