Development Whitelist, timeframe please?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-28 07:27:22 - last edited 2023-06-28 07:50:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.5 Build 20230110 Rel. 41561

Hi, I need to post/send another request regarding the whitelist function asking; Where is it? 

I am happy that you have announced a whitelist feature but Why is it taking so long? Please respond with some useful information on where you are with this project and a timeframe!

Please! The development team needs to prioritize and work faster to keep your Deco products relevant and useful (my opinion). I have noticed that there a few postings on this forum regarding a whitelist feature. Only a few users and customers takes the time and the effort to post, there must me more customers that are in need of this. The posting from the man considering not to recommend your products to customers any longer says it all. Please give us a proper update! If the moderator of this forum can't, please let a manager from the development team or staff from your media relation/information department to give us useful feedback on where you are on this. Decisions needs to be made, scrapping Deco and invest time and money in a new system... or wait... However how long shall we wait?

Background. The use of internet and being connected is one of the main topics in almost every home. There are different requirements and solutions depending on household. However what seem to be a common conversation and issue among families and parents is managing the use of internet and protecting your children from bad content online. For this you need a useful tool as a Parental Control feature. However the way it works with TP-link and Deco is making your product useless. Having smart kids and teenagers that knows how to get around the block by easily connecting there unit again with another mac address (units today have flexible, changeable mac id's) makes the Deco products and Parental Control redundant! Yes, I can block the "new" unit and connection but hey, I have other things to do then constantly be on guard to block them in the app. I expect to have helpful tools to do this for me. I expected Deco to have this as you claim to have Parental Control. The other annoying thing is to end up having an enormous long list of blocked units in the system isn't ideal. You, members of Tp-link with Deco need to realize how serious this is.

Thank you for letting me raise this issue, again, I am looking forward to your response.

Best regards

/Per

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 421

Replies: 0

Related Articles