Votes

Security Camera Hardware request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-01 11:43:26
Model: Tapo C110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I know this is not a software/feature request, but I did not know where to place it.

I currently have a Tapo C110, which I connect to via my PC ONVIF service to capture images for creating Time-Lapse videos of various plants (tomatoes, cucumbers and strawberries) growing within my greenhouse.

The reason I use a security camera for this, is due to needing infrared night vision, especially as plants seem to grow the most at night.

This has been great and fun, but I am limited to rendering the videos in 1080P, and I would love to start creating 2160P (4K UHD) videos.

I would love it if you could release security cameras with 8MP/4K lenses.

I would also like it if you could still use the casings of the C100/C110 cameras, as I have a custom 3D printed mount, though that part is not mandatory.

Many thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Security Camera Hardware request
2023-07-03 10:02:33

@DavidR1974 

Thank you for your support of Tapo camera! You can keep an eye on the official website or community announcements. If there is a new camera released, it will be updated as soon as possible.

Currently, TP-Link VIGI camera has the 5MP models, VIGI C450 and C250. You may take a look if you're interested. 

VIGI C450

VIGI C250

If you want to learn more details about these two models, please start a new thread under the Business community VIGI surveillance block.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Security Camera Hardware request
2023-07-03 15:18:14

@Wayne-TP 

Unfortunately, those models are not suitable for 2160P/4K.

A minimum camera resolution of 8MP is required.

Also, they are not Wi-Fi cameras and are WAY out of my price range.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.