Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

Votes

Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras

49 Reply
Re:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2024-08-03 10:28:17

@talormanda Good summary. I have two SSIDs in my home because clients don't do a good job at connecting to the strongest AP, and having different SSIDs enables me to manually select the best AP, and it also enables me to check which AP I'm currently connected to which is useful when diagnosing network problems. Most of my cameras are fixed but I have two "general purpose" cameras that I use at variable locations, some times even on networks other than my own (for example at my parent's place).

In addition to the ability to quickly switch SSIDs, I think it would very useful if users could save networks selectively, and then for the Tapo device to connect automatically to any one of the saved SSIDs when the manually selected SSID is unavailable. I don't know if this would pose any security problems, that's why only saved networks would be used and therefore users who want to be sure their device only connects to one SSID would simply save just that SSID. This is essentially how smartphones work, which provide an option to "forget" unwanted networks.

Options
RE:Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras
2024-08-09 08:37:29
This feature is requested
Options
2024-08-09 13:26:25
I just purchased a TC73 and plan to travel with it to keep an eye on my pet. It’s disappointing that the camera has to be reset to change WiFi networks. Please add this feature soon!
Options
2024-08-09 14:56:51

@Solla-topee Camera is online and desire to change WiFi after installing an extension AP.  Disappointed to fine that a camera reset was needed for this simple task.  Reolink cheap end camera has no trouble doing this task.

Options
2024-08-11 22:48:54
You need to add the ability to change wifi connection. This is just a basic feature that should have been there from the start, even cheap £30 cameras from china have this feature. makes me want to return my item and go with another brand and is stopping me from buying any more tapo camera/brands.
Options
2024-08-11 22:58:56

@Home_Cameras 

I would like to have two ssid parameters stored and have the camera connect to the strongest one. My use case is I have put a wifi extender to help reach the front most camera but would like the camera to fall back in the case the extender ssid is offline or not needed. 

Options
2024-08-14 19:00:15
Same thing. I find it obscure that I have to reset my camera to change the wifi it is connected
Options
2024-08-17 11:55:18
It is crazy not being able to change the wifi network without totally resetting the Tado device.
Options
2024-08-18 10:23:36
Urgently needed! Not only for outdoor cameras fixed to a high position where it is inconvenient. Also for my indoor camera, I don’t want to think about all the settings I have done in order to redo them again after I changed to a different WLAN. It’s not an unusual use case having to change the WLAN every now and then, is it? Other companies have considered this requirement. Thanks for an urgent update to the app/firmware / whatever is needed!
Options
2024-08-18 16:34:09
We need this feature desperately. When SSID is reset for some reason, it makes it difficult to configure the camera again without resetting it
Options

Voters 47

+ 43 Voters

Tags

WIFI SSID Reset