Votes

Tapo camera data useage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Tapo camera data useage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo camera data useage
Tapo camera data useage
2023-07-18 15:36:41
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 build

Help please I have installed a Tapo camera remotely using a phone set to hotspot but this wouldn’t hold the signal with the camera often reverting to offline so I then switched to a modem and router but it appears the camera is using massive amounts of data and has used up £30 of mobile three credit over a weekend is there a more sensible setting to allow monitoring  if you don’t have unlimited data?

There is a sd card with 136 GB of data storage but it would be good to just use data when the camera is triggered with movement

Sadly the building is on a footpath so it can be triggered frequently

Frustratingly the camera was off line after about half an hour but still managed to empty the card of data

could anyone please offer some explanation and how I might move forward 

thank you

Tony

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo camera data useage
2023-07-19 07:38:45

Hi  @Tonybrown1 

you can click here to set up the motion detection feature on the Tapo C310 to record the motion events to an SD card. And according to my test, after the Tapo Cam is configured successfully, the camera is still recording even if I disable the Wi-Fi. If you just need to use the camera to monitor the motion events, I think connecting the camera to the internet is not necessary. Hope this will help you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.