Votes

Smart actions should be added as a trigger for notifications

Votes

Smart actions should be added as a trigger for notifications

17 Reply
Re:Smart actions should be added as a trigger for notifications
2024-01-09 12:04:30 - last edited 2024-01-09 18:20:27

There are 2 different features described in this post and I don't have a clear picture of what has actually been implemented. From what I am reading I would assume that only the second one has been implemented, which is to give the automation the ability of sending custom notifications when it triggers. But there is also a very interesting feature described here that I would like to know if it has been implemented or not, as it is the one I would personally use the most. It would be very nice to be able to configure the device to only send notifications when used as a trigger for an automation. I'll explain my use case: I have 10+ door sensors installed in my house (notifications are off to avoid constant flooding of notifications), and I have an automation setup to trigger an alarm if any of them opens. I enable and disable that automation if I am away/at home. If the automation is enabled, I would like to receive only 1 notification saying which sensor was opened. I know with this new feature implemented I can get the notification, but can the notification tell me which sensor triggered the automation? Thanks!

Options
2024-01-12 06:22:12

@jm_carmona 

The notification in automation is a content-customizable push notification, it does not display the trigger, condition, or actions. But you can enter what you want the notification to show

Creating automation for each sensor with customized notifications will be the way to meet your needs. Then add two Shortcuts to enable or disable the automations when leaving or arriving home.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-13 15:53:03

@Wayne-TP Thanks for your response! I see what you're saying, but don't you agree with me that's too much trouble just to toggle notifications on/off on a sensor/device? I mean, with your solution I have to create an automation for every kind of notification a sensor can send. With door sensors is pretty easy, but what about cameras? I will have to create an automation for every different detection type they have. Why don't just make it possible to enable or disable notifications from devices directly from an automation? I mean, it sounds like a pretty straightforward feature to me. I'm not asking to configure a devices's notifications from an automation, I just want to toggle whatever notifications config I have on the device on and off.

For more complex scenarios the feature you described will be very helpful, but if you think about an alarm system you probably just want to enable all notifications from a group of devices when you are away from home and disable them when you are at home. So using only one shortcut in the app we can enable camera tracking, notifications for sensors and whatever other things you need to enable to arm your alarm. I've seen a few requests for this feature I'm describing, and a bunch of them have been closed or marked as implemented like this one, but I think there is still a feature missing that is not covered with this Smart Action 2.0 update and I don't want it to be lost or mislead people to believe it has been implemented when it hasn't.

Thank you!

Options
2024-01-13 16:04:31

In this thread there's also a couple of users requesting the same feature I'm describing: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/624456?sortDir=ASC&page=1. As the users said in that thread, the current implementation doesn't fulfill our needs.

Options
2024-01-13 16:08:01
Options
RE:Smart actions should be added as a trigger for notifications
2024-03-13 16:59:35
Notification from an automation is MANDSTORY.
Options
2024-03-15 09:41:21
I really need this... when is this release coming out?
Options

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters

Tags

Smart Actions
Notification