Tapo C225 won't connect to any 2.4Ghz wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-22 17:03:01
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.17

The C225 is probably a great camera, but i't won't connect to my wifi. I am getting always the same error msg. i tried a couple of 2.4Ghz networks with and without passwort but it won't connect. Camera works locally within the app, but when i am trying to save the wifi ssid to the camera it always rejects that information - for every wifi i am trying to connect to.

i read another posting from 5 days ago in a german forum, that describes the same issues.

anyone else having the those issues or knows how to fix them?

i think theres a problem with the firmware 1.17. thinking about returning the camera.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C225 won't connect to any 2.4Ghz wifi
2023-07-24 09:22:09

@Hawthorn1979 

Can you share a picture of the error message here?

What's the SSID and password of your 2.4GHz WiFi? Any special characters? Try to use the combination of letters and numbers only. 

Ensure your phone is connected to the correct 2.4GHz WiFi during this step. Disable cellular data or VPN if any.

If there are multiple available WiFi saved on your phone, try to delete those networks and only keep the 2.4GHz WiFi to avoid network auto-switching. 

Have you tried to use another phone to create a hotspot WiFi for the camera?

What's the model and OS version of your phone? Have you tried to switch to a different mobile device?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-25 10:42:01

@Wayne-TP 

thx for your reply.

Errormsg said, that i have to be near my wifi router, turn of vpn and check my wifi ssid and password.

The wifi ssid name and the wifi password are fine. works with other tapo cams without any problems.

the phone was connected to the same wifi that i was trying to connect with with the camera. i even turned of my 5ghz wifi. Cellular was disabeld. i even setup a new wifi with and without a password, and a hotspot wifi. but nothing worked. i rebooted the phone, tried two other phones and two tablets. nothing worked for me. i used iphones on ios 16 and 14 and even a tablet with iOS 12. they all work fine with the other cams and the tapo app.

all devices connect perfectly to the wifi hotspot that the cam gives me, but thats it. using the cam locally without wifi access doesn't make any sense to me.

it was probably a faulty camera. i returned the cam and wait for a newer model and check if there are any problems before i buy it. to bad, i was really looking forward to see that starlight-sensor on the c225 in action. still, my c200 and c210 cameras work fine.

Options
2023-07-31 08:36:10

@Hawthorn1979 

Thank you for the update. This does sound like a problem with the camera. Keep us posted when you receive the replacement!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 3

Related Articles