Live feed and playback freezes on shared device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-23 15:54:29 - last edited 2023-07-26 11:00:14
Tags: #Freezes
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

Hello, this issue started 1 or 2 weeks ago, it worked without problem before, the live feed and playback freezes after 2 seconds on the shared device. It works fine on my main device. I tried reinstalling the tapo app, restarting the phone, clearing cache, unsharing and sharing the device, viewing the feed from different Network, nothing worked so far, is there something else I could try? The shared device is Huawei P10 Lite,  there has not been an update to the phone or the app . I am not sure if the camera had an update before this issue started. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Live feed and playback freezes on shared device -Solution
2023-07-26 11:00:09 - last edited 2023-07-26 11:00:14

So after many experiments I managed to fix it. It was indeed the display settings , but I had to sign in to my main account on the shared phone to change the settings. I dont know why it didn't work when i changed it from my phone. Anyways thanks for the help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Live feed and playback freezes on shared device
2023-07-23 16:57:25

@Aquarst 

Hi - I only found this thread as I Googled because I had the same issue.  Everything is fine on other platforms, but not my phone.  I tried everything (re-install/settings etc) ... in the end I was trying various other things forlornly.  Happily it's all back working - might be worth trying for your issue ...

In the Tapo App - go to one of the cameras that has the issue and display the camera screen

Go to the cog at the top (camera settings)

Scroll down to "advanced settings" and select "display settings"

You'll probably have "hardware acceleration with a tick next to it ... instead select "compatible mode"

It fixed it for me & I had to change each camera similarly.

Hope it works for you

Options
2023-07-24 07:41:15

@Aquarst 

What's the Android version of your Huawei phone? If it is a lower version such as Android 8 or Android 9, try to enable camera Compatible Mode (Camera Settings ->Advanced Settings ->Display Settings), see if it helps. 

Or you could also try to update the Android version.

What's the version of your Tapo APP? The latest version 2.17.110 is on a staged rollout, ensure your APP is updated if your APP store detects this version.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-07-24 08:37:33

@Di-zee 

Hi

Thank you for the reply , unfortunately this didn't work for me. 

Options
2023-07-24 09:03:12

@Wayne-TP  Hi it has Android 8, I tried the compatible mode but that didn't work. The app is currently on version 2.16.112  in the app store and the phone as well.  The phone is too old for Android update. 

Options
Re:Live feed and playback freezes on shared device -Solution
2023-07-26 11:00:09 - last edited 2023-07-26 11:00:14

So after many experiments I managed to fix it. It was indeed the display settings , but I had to sign in to my main account on the shared phone to change the settings. I dont know why it didn't work when i changed it from my phone. Anyways thanks for the help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-26 20:02:14

@Aquarst 

Great news you managed to get it to work ... I know just how frustrating that was !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 6

Tags

Freezes
Related Articles