3 way switches not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 11:34:03
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hi,

Recently 2 sets of my Kasa 3-way switches have started malfunctioning.  They will get out of sync with the light and app where in the app I have to press the button twice to turn the light off/on (status in the app does change, but the state of the light does not).

When I press the physical switches, their status LED does not change but the light does turn on and off.  I have a 3rd set of 3 way switches that seems to be working fine (same hardware and firmware versions).

I have factory reset both sets of switches and the problem remains.

What are the possible causes of this?  No wiring has changed, one day a month or two ago they just stopped syncing with each other.

Options
2 Reply
Re:3 way switches not working
2023-07-26 22:13:56

I removed all of the switches and checked the voltage.  I have 120v on my hot, my neutral and ground have continuity, and I've made sure the travelers are working correctly.  Is there any way to revert to an earlier firmware?

Options
Re:3 way switches not working
2023-07-28 09:20:42

@Ratneck 

Network delay? Is your APP updated?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 2

Related Articles