Votes

Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise

Votes

Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise

25 Reply
Re:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-04-28 12:38:05

@Jasesun  

Agreed.  I just got my first Kasa security camera and was surprised this wasn't an option.  I'd certainly be inclined to get more cameras if this was available.

Options
Re:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-05-28 02:18:45

Disappointed with no light on feature. Will return it and buy efuy.

Options
RE:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-05-28 13:25:04
I miss that option too (have 2x c320ws)
Options
2024-06-12 05:36:30

@Jasesun Did we got any update on it? 

Options
2024-07-14 15:57:22
Thank you, this is a very good point. I agree, I just bought them and I realize the Spotlight does not turn on on motion detection. TPLink Tapo should copy the technology that Eufy used on their spotlight.
Options
2024-07-14 16:03:08

@Jasesun :

Can you please ask your Team to update the firmware and have the spotlight turn on when motion is detected ? There is no point of having the spotlight if it does not turn on when there is motion. Please check how Eufy cameras use their spotlights and update Tapo c120 and others. If you do this, I guarantee, You will win all Eufy customers. Also you need to make sure the App shows the cameras directly when you open it - right now I have to make a second click to show the cameras,  this is not user friendly. Again check Eufy App and make a quick update to your app,please.

Options
2024-07-16 02:14:35

@Jasesun Same as others and am disappointed that the spotlight can't be turn on automatically when motion is detected. This will be a killer feature for the line of cameras. I was in the middle of replacing my Wyze Cameras with TP-LInk but this first Spot Cam makes me pause. Maybe I need to wait or look for alternatives.

Options
2024-07-16 08:20:57

@Jasesun Yes, I hope this feature is added as well.

Options
2024-07-20 01:56:06

@Sacha19 I purchased 5 Tapo cameras to replace the Ring Cams I have assuming improved resolution all else would be standard. The Spotlight feature discussed needs to be added. This oversight by the designers is not acceptable and could be costly. Fix It.

Options
RE:Cameras with Spotlights need feature to turn on light when motion is detected from Sunset to Sunrise
2024-07-31 05:46:42
Can't believe this wasn't made the default way of operating the spotlight. Instead we have to activate it manually or let it run all night? Ridiculous
Options

Voters 19

+ 15 Voters