Can't change smart switch to new wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 21:50:49
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Our new wifi is Starlink. I can not change our switches and plugs to Starlink. Even when resetting switch and getting blinking green -orange the app can not recognize the switch. I have not switched our Starlink to 2 networks so I assume it is only on 2.4 ghz. Are my 12 kasa switches and plugs now useless?  Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't change smart switch to new wifi
2023-08-14 11:06:26

@Pennyrom 

If you fail to configure the Kasa switch, you may refer to the suggestion here: What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Now most new routers are dual-band routers, if your router only broadcast one WiFi network, it should be a combined network with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Try to separate the WiFi bands and reconnect the Kasa switch to the 2.4GHz network. 

If the problem still exists, kindly share a screenshot of the error here. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 315

Replies: 1

Related Articles