Getting this constantly "The device is tilting. Please put it on the level ground"

Getting this constantly "The device is tilting. Please put it on the level ground"

2023-09-11 14:29:42 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:06:48
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I bought the robot a few days ago and can't figure out why it is showing this error. I have tried a few factory resets, but nothing seems to work. 

It is on the ground level, but when I try to start it for mapping, it says "The device is tilting. Please put it on the level ground". 

Any idea ? 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Getting this constantly "The device is tilting. Please put it on the level ground"-Solution
2023-09-13 03:24:19 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:06:48

@AlexAnto 

Place the robot on the level surface and power cycle the device by switching the side ON/OFF switch. 

Before hearing the voice prompt and completing of startup, please keep the machine placed on a flat surface without tilting or moving it. 

Then try to start mapping again, let me know if it helps. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Getting this constantly "The device is tilting. Please put it on the level ground"-Solution
2024-01-09 09:07:00 - last edited 2024-01-12 01:07:53

@Chiara_Bales 
After 2 weeks of constant communication with the TPLink Technical Team, and a few debugging hours, they found out the gyroscope inside the device was faulty. So, the solution was to return the product back to the store. 

If you get the error constantly regardless if you reset it a few times and try on different surfaces, it might be the same issue. 

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Getting this constantly "The device is tilting. Please put it on the level ground"
2023-09-12 10:08:24

@AlexAnto 

Can you share a picture of the error here? Please also take a picture of the robot where the dock is located.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Getting this constantly "The device is tilting. Please put it on the level ground"
2023-09-12 11:54:47

@Wayne-TP 
I've attached a screenshot with the error and also with the robot next to the dock. I was also trying to show there is no tilting and I have also tried to move on other side of the house on a different floor. 

Options
2023-09-13 03:24:19 - last edited 2024-01-09 02:06:48

@AlexAnto 

Place the robot on the level surface and power cycle the device by switching the side ON/OFF switch. 

Before hearing the voice prompt and completing of startup, please keep the machine placed on a flat surface without tilting or moving it. 

Then try to start mapping again, let me know if it helps. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-13 06:20:51

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for your help, but I am a few steps ahead. 

Also contacted Support and they still can't figure it out what is wrong with it. 

Options
2023-09-13 08:37:38

@AlexAnto 

Thank you for your update. I'll help to remind the support engineer to handle your case. 

If there is any progress or resolution regarding this issue, please update the information here. This will provide references for other users who may encounter the same problem.

Options
2024-01-05 07:51:08

@AlexAnto 

Hello, Please can you advise if you have managed to resolve this issue. We have the exact same error.

Wayne-TP wrote

@AlexAnto 

Thank you for your update. I'll help to remind the support engineer to handle your case. 

If there is any progress or resolution regarding this issue, please update the information here. This will provide references for other users who may encounter the same problem.

Options
2024-01-09 06:10:49

@Chiara_Bales 

Please try out the suggestions in the "Recommended Solution" in this thread and see if they help you.

To better help with this case, we would like to forward your case to the tech team, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox later and respond.    

Options
2024-01-09 09:07:00 - last edited 2024-01-12 01:07:53

@Chiara_Bales 
After 2 weeks of constant communication with the TPLink Technical Team, and a few debugging hours, they found out the gyroscope inside the device was faulty. So, the solution was to return the product back to the store. 

If you get the error constantly regardless if you reset it a few times and try on different surfaces, it might be the same issue. 

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 8

Related Articles