Votes

Camera specific notification sound

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Choose notification sound. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Choose notification sound. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-12 10:06:27 - last edited 2024-01-15 06:02:08
Tags: #Notification Feature

I know this has been requested before but the answer from Tapo was it cannot be done. Now that Tapo app v3 is being developed, I think this would be worth reconsidering.

I have a camera pointed at a cat flap ("Cam1"), which notifies me when my cat comes back in the morning, usually around 8:00 AM, I get a notification. Then I also have two other cameras, pointed at the front door ("Cam2") and the garage door ("Cam3"), respectively. I would like notifications for Cam1 to use a more gentle sound, and Cam2 and Cam3 to use a louder, more aggressive warning sound. At the moment I can only use the same sound for all cameras. I don't mind if I miss a notification about my cat coming in (Cam1), because it's not critical, but I cannot miss critical notifications about intrusions (Cam2 and Cam3), so I want those to be loud and rude, so I am forced to use the loud and rude sound for all cameras.

The other very important advantage of using camera-specific sounds is that, if many cameras are installed, users can know where motion was detected without even opening the app. The Phone app can set different ringtones for different contacts, so it is technically possible. I think users would love this feature, hopefully Tapo can implement it in a future update. Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Camera specific notification sound
2023-09-13 07:55:19 - last edited 2023-09-13 07:55:36

@RandyAndy 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product/app or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
2023-09-13 12:42:37

@Solla-topee Thank you 😀

Options
Options
2023-12-24 04:37:21 - last edited 2023-12-24 04:40:43

@Solla-topee Any news on this? THIS IS A CRITICAL DESIGN FLAW. A camera that detects intrusion should be able to notify with a different sound than a camera that detects when your pet cat is back home. Please do not ignore this feature suggestion, this is by far the biggest omission in the Tapo app. Otherwise I think the app gets many things right and I appreciate the fact that Tapo seem committed to continued development and support.

Options
2024-01-19 13:03:49

@RandyAndy Please!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 973

Replies: 5

Tags

Notification Feature