Delayed turn-off stays active even after disabling the automation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-02 01:54:58
Model: Tapo T100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've got one L530 bulb that I want to use for two purposes:

1. as a light triggered by T100 motion sensor, set to turn on for 30 seconds and then turn off

2. as indication of opened window (T110) - when the window is opened, I need the bulb to be always light up in blue color and to stay blue until the window is closed

So I created these automations, while opening the window also completely turns off the first (light with T100) automation until the window is closed again. The problem is that if I walk to the room with the window, first automation is triggered, so the light turns on... Then if I open the window, it will turn blue and the first automation is successfully disabled, but it will still turn off the blue light 30 seconds after the first (now disabled) automation was triggered by motion sensor. I'm quite sure it's possible to avoid it because I already had another similar setup elsewhere (with T110 slightly modified for door lock mechanism - the bulb was red when someone was locked on toilet) and it worked without this flaw, but I'm not able to do it again... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Delayed turn-off stays active even after disabling the automation
2023-10-07 06:04:04 - last edited 2023-10-08 07:32:28

@Georgino 
I hope this will help you.

The procedure is as follows:
Set Automation1,in tapo app-- smart--shortcut--add new automation---when T100 is triggered--then turn off L530 Delay by 30 seconds
Set Automation2, when T100 is triggered --then turn on L530 and run Automation1 
Set Automation3, when T110 triggers to turn on --then turn on L530 and disable Automation1 and Automation2
Set Automation4 when T110 triggers shutdown --then shut down L530 Enable Automation 1 and Automation 2

Options
Re:Delayed turn-off stays active even after disabling the automation
2023-10-15 22:13:15

@Akitsuki Thank you, but this does not work - once the T100 is triggered, Automation1 (delayed turn off after 30s) will happen and it does not matter that T110 turns it off before it should execute the delayed action - it will execute 30s later even when it's turned off already. That's exactly the problem I'm trying to solve...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 2

Related Articles