Kasa app forgot ALL my devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa app forgot ALL my devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Kasa app forgot ALL my devices
2023-11-15 06:04:11

@Stevieruss is this an outage with Kasa because mine also forgot all of my devices (just in the last hour!)

Options
2023-11-15 06:09:06

@RafielG seeing everyone's status with Kasa here being the same the obvious deduction is that tp-link has had a major service disruption causing all of our devices to seem to disappear. I can see my items greyed out even though it asks to install a device. I don't think any of us should try to recreate anything because I do not think that will work. I'm going to check again in the morning to see if it will work. 

Options
2023-11-15 07:13:32 - last edited 2023-11-15 08:58:17

Update

Description

Kasa devices disappear from App, App reports "Network Unstable" and other malfunctions of cloud-based services on Nov 15th, 2023 (UTC+8)

Status

16:00 Nov 15th, 2023 (UTC+8) -- Service has been restored 

Tips: Try to restart your Kasa App if it still reports errors.

Thank you very much for your time and patience while the team worked on this.  Feel free to let the community know of any observations, thank you!

Hello Everyone,

An unexpected surge in server fluctuations has been observed and our support team is currently looking into it with high priority.

We will keep you updated here in the community when we receive any updated news. Appreciate for your time and patience. Thank you.

TP-Link Community Support Team

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-15 15:42:38

@Wayne-TP 

restart did not help restore my devices 

Options
2023-11-16 02:57:36

@L-home 

Have you tried to power cycle your Kasa devices? Some devices may experience difficulty reconnecting the service even when things are back online. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-16 03:40:25 - last edited 2023-11-16 03:40:43

@Stevieruss 

The app doesn't see any paired devices anymore. I watched them disappear while I was using the app. the same thing happened to my wife's app. Some came back for a few seconds then disappeared again and haven't returned. Power cycling the devices wouldn't effect this problem

Options
2023-11-16 03:45:51

@Wayne-TP 

It's still not working, this is really unacceptable. If you can't make this app work are you going to refund the cost of all my smart plugs?

Options
2023-11-16 11:20:46 - last edited 2023-11-16 11:23:25

@RafielG Personally, I wrote a reply to Wayne and that contained the reason for my loss. The account that I was logged in to was an old (or new) account I have no recollection of having. After searching through my passwords on my iPhone I found another account. I have absolutely NO recollection of signing in with a different account. I only actually ever use the Kasa App when I am adding a new device otherwise all my stuff is linked through Alexa as I control the Kasa devices with Alexa using my voice or sometimes running the routines in the Alexa app itself. As I mentioned, the devices worked as normal despite them not showing up in the Kasa app OR me being logged in to the correct account

As I mentioned, the voice commands still worked but the app had no devices listed but that, it seemed was that 'somehow' I was logged in to a different account that I knew nothing about. Logging in to this 'other' account gave all my devices back. 

My fault? Maybe but I don't remember having different accounts. The only thing I can think of is that I have the Tapo app and they appear to have linked that with the Kasa app now so maybe it actually changed to the Tapo account in the Kasa app or visa versa. Dunno. It works now though so i'd look to see if you have other accounts that you didn't know you had or check with the Tapo app, if you have one, and see if that's migrated itself in to the Kasa app without you knowing.

You can probably go to Tp-Link and check your accounts or do a password reset request using different email accounts that you may have an account with and see if you get an email with a password reset link.

Options
2023-11-28 01:26:36

@Stevieruss All my devices are not only gone, when I try to re-add, I go through the motions of it saying that it's already part of another account but move forward anyway, connect to device, name my plugs and then it's gone. Again. Development teams dropping the ball. Let me guess, coding bootcamp graduates.

Options
2023-11-28 06:45:46 - last edited 2023-11-28 06:46:33

@toilet-paper 

Stevieruss wrote

I've used the Tp-Link smart plugs for a number of years. Other than the first batch that died and TP-Link politely turned their back on those who owned them, the others have been reliable for us. I have a number of them set up in the app and then linked to Alexa throught the Alexa app.

Recently, I booted up the Kasa app and it asked me to add a device, as there were none there. I checked I was logged in and I was. I logged out and in again, same deal. No devices had been remembered. 

I went to the Alexa app and they are all still there and not only that, I can turn them on and off from the Alexa app so they are actually working. Why then does the Kasa app not know what they are if they are actually registered and working?

Smart home stuff is fun and functional, until it doesn't work and to be honest, this is just annoying to say the least. How can they work but Kasa doesn't know what they are and more to the point, think we don't have any devices.

App deleted and re-installed. Logged in and out etc etc. We have a ton of these devices and to re-connect them all and then set up all the routines and stuff in Alexa is hours and hours of work. Any ideas anyone?

do you have a Tapo account as well?

Options
Related Articles