Votes

Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action

Votes

2023-10-13 08:30:59

Imagine this: I have a shortcut that, when launched, turns off a smart plug after 15 minutes. I launch this shortcut but 5 minutes later I change my mind and I decide I no longer want to turn off the device and I want it to stay on. However, the shortcut has already been launched and will be executed regardless. There is no way to cancel it. It would be useful if there was a way to cancel a delayed action, somehow.

On a related note, I would like to understand a little better how delayed actions and automations work. I have noticed that automations still work even if I turn off my Android devices, so it appears the timers and the automations are stored also on the smart plugs, smart bulbs, etc themselves. Is this correct?

Options
9 Reply
RE:Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action
2023-10-13 12:33:22 - last edited 2023-10-13 12:37:05

Yes, i want this feature too, for example canceling the ringing delay event of the hub when a window sensor is opened.

Details here : https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/631946

Options
Re:Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action
2023-10-16 11:49:00

@RandyAndy 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Regarding the working principle of Automation/Shortcut delay action, generally, after the Automation/Shortcut entry is triggered, the relevant commands will be uploaded to our cloud server and the action will be sent to the device to execute after the set time, so modify the entry on the app won't stop the triggered entry to work.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-01 14:25:23
Yes, please! Needed to stop alarms triggering when no longer needed.
Options
2023-12-10 10:53:33

Me too - set a delay of 5 hours instead of 5 minutes! Can't stop the running task for anothet 4.5 hours!!!! 

Options
2023-12-12 02:32:34

Yes please! This feature is a "must have"!

Options
RE:Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action
2024-01-02 01:30:17
This is absolutely needed! For example I've got smart bulb in the toilet room and it's turned on by motion sensor with delayed turnoff after 1 minute. I also modified T110 for using in the door lock mechanism - so if someone lock himself on the toilet, the light should stay on until it's unlocked. But the delayed turnoff activated by motion sensor is still there and the light will turn off after minute even if it's locked... and so many other situations! This limits basically any advanced function where one device is used for multiple purposes.
Options
2024-01-15 11:41:22
Options
2024-02-01 18:14:39

Another reason to have this feature is an alarm system where it is common to have a delayed alarm and let the user disable the alarm in the delay period. Sometimes called a pre-alarm.

If you have one of the Tapo Hubs there is now no way to set this up. You can only disable the alarm before entering the house with your smartphone.

It should be possible to cancel the delayed alarm using for example smart button, without having to rely on your smartphone and to always have to remember the alarm is set.

This seems like a huge oversight. Especially since Tapo claims you can create a home alarm system with their products.

Options
2024-03-23 09:40:02

Yes, please.!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 14

Views: 997

Replies: 9

Voters 14

+ 10 Voters