Castor wheel

Castor wheel
Castor wheel
2023-10-26 23:27:42 - last edited 2023-11-08 06:21:34
Tags: #Castor wheel problem
Model: Tapo RV30  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone. I'm new to this so bare with me here. 

So, I have the TP link RV30 vacuum/mop. I usually do a perimeter check for animal biproducts (if you get my drift?). Anyway, I didn't look hard enough as there was some in a dark corner where light doesn't hit that spot. My cats are very good at going to their litter box but someone closed the door to where there litter box is, so this isn't a regular occurrence for my cats. Anyway, what I couldn't find, my vacuum did. I cleaned the vacuum and when I put it all back together it kept saying that the wheel was suspended. I checked the main wheels and they're clean and free moving. The error kept being repeated and so I thought that maybe there was something under the castor wheel...so I popped that off and it's as clean as a whistle, only now, the wheel won't go back on, no matter how hard I try, it won't stay on. I've only had the vacuum about 2 months and it was brought for me. What can I do to fix this? Any suggestions would be welcomed

Thank you.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Castor wheel-Solution
2023-10-31 00:36:31 - last edited 2023-11-08 06:21:43

@Wayne-TP nevermind. I just thought I would give it one last try and suddenly the vacuum started to map my house. I'm shook tbh. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-08 06:21:29 - last edited 2023-11-08 06:21:51

@Pinkyswear 

This error message usually occurs if the floor where the robot vacuum is placed is uneven, causing the wheels to be suspended and resulting in spinning without movement.

For this situation, here are some tips that might help. 

1. Update the device to the latest firmware.
2. Reposition the robot vacuum in a different location.
3. Power cycle robot vacuum with the Power switch on the side of the device.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Castor wheel
2023-10-30 08:31:47

@Pinkyswear 

After aligning the castor wheel with the round hole of the machine, you need to press down firmly to snap it in. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Castor wheel
2023-10-31 00:26:37

@Wayne-TP thank you for your reply. I managed to get the castor wheel back in, but it keeps giving me a "wheel is suspended" message, which i thought was because of the castor wheel. I've tried everything possible to fix this, other than pulling it apart, obviously. I have some compressed air which I will blow around the wheels to see of that works...otherwise, I'm not sure what else I can do on my end. 

Options
2023-10-31 00:36:31 - last edited 2023-11-08 06:21:43

@Wayne-TP nevermind. I just thought I would give it one last try and suddenly the vacuum started to map my house. I'm shook tbh. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-08 06:21:29 - last edited 2023-11-08 06:21:51

@Pinkyswear 

This error message usually occurs if the floor where the robot vacuum is placed is uneven, causing the wheels to be suspended and resulting in spinning without movement.

For this situation, here are some tips that might help. 

1. Update the device to the latest firmware.
2. Reposition the robot vacuum in a different location.
3. Power cycle robot vacuum with the Power switch on the side of the device.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 4

Tags

Castor wheel problem
Related Articles