Video lost notifications within minutes

2023-10-30 21:14:00 - last edited 2023-11-09 07:18:27
Model: VIGI C230  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I've installed several cameras in my office.

One of them is a C230. Since a few days I get multiple "video lost" notifications within minutes. What can I do to find the reason why this happend?

A few days ago we had a blackout because of a damaged lightbulb. But I was getting this video lost notificaton also before that happend.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Video lost notifications within minutes-Solution
2023-11-09 06:45:08 - last edited 2023-11-09 07:18:27

Hi  @Clive_A ,

a new camera arrived yesterday.

No more video lost notifications happend. Seems to be a hardware issue.

I'm sending the camera in for review.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Video lost notifications within minutes
2023-10-31 03:11:29

Hi @farew 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Would recommend you check the Ethernet cable first. I cannot rule out that there is a problem with the camera due to your power outage. But if it worked after the blackout, it should not be damaged at that time.

It might be an unstable power. How do you supply power to it? If you use PoE, check the Ethernet cable. Replace a new cable.

If you use the power, remove the power place it with a different one and test it.

There isn't much we can do. Just consider the power and the cable(data) transmission. Let's see.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-02 18:44:58

Hi @Clive_A ! Thanks for your response.

I'm gonna try your recommendations and get back on here if I know more.

Options
2023-11-03 12:41:55

Hi again @Clive_A ,

I've tested the camera on several ports and with different cables.

The video lost notifications are still there. The camera is defective. Where can I send it for repair/replacement?

Options
2023-11-06 01:34:50

Hi @farew 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

farew wrote

Hi again @Clive_A ,

I've tested the camera on several ports and with different cables.

The video lost notifications are still there. The camera is defective. Where can I send it for repair/replacement?

If you believe it is a hardware defect, contact your regional support for RMA-related issues. Or if it is still under the retailer's warranty, see the retailer.

If the issue persists on the new replacement/device, you may have a network or power issue instead.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Video lost notifications within minutes-Solution
2023-11-09 06:45:08 - last edited 2023-11-09 07:18:27

Hi  @Clive_A ,

a new camera arrived yesterday.

No more video lost notifications happend. Seems to be a hardware issue.

I'm sending the camera in for review.

Recommended Solution
Options