Kasa plug schedule fails with wifi down?

2023-11-08 12:26:17
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Hello, I want to use the Kasa smart plug to turn my wifi router off at night.  The schedule works to turn off the router, but it does not turn on again in the morning.  According to the Kasa FAQ, the schedule should still work even without internet, as it is located on the plug itself: https://www.tp-link.com/no/support/faq/1390/#:~:text=Will%20the%20Timer%20and%20Schedule,lost%20they%20will%20still%20function.

What am I missing?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Kasa plug schedule fails with wifi down?
2023-11-15 11:53:39

@BurrittsRapids 

I would like to double confirm with you, are you using the Schedule feature of the smart plug? Or did you create an automation rule to control the smart plug?

Automation is a cloud-based feature and it cannot work without internet connection. 

How to setup schedule, away mode and timer of TP-Link Smart Plug/Switch in Kasa APP

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-15 14:10:21

@Wayne-TP Hi, yes - I did use the schedule feature on the phone app to set the off and on times for the plug.  It does not seem to be remembering the on time.

Options
2023-11-16 11:05:16

@BurrittsRapids 

Instead of controlling the router, try switching to a different appliance to test this feature first, such as a lamp. 

Disable the internet access for this Kasa plug through the router, then create several schedules with short intervals to observe if it takes effect. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-03-26 15:33:25

@BurrittsRapids I have the same demand as you (turn off kasa smart plug which connected to wifi and turn on early morning) but also got the same issue (not turn on at morning). I am set the scheduled on kasa app.

Any solution for this issue Tp-Link support team?

Options
2024-03-27 09:57:26

@Ttandat 

Is your device's time zone accurate?

You can try a simple test by setting two schedules with short intervals that will take effect in the future. After the first schedule takes effect, turn off router and observe if the second schedule still activates.

Options