HS220 Switch randomly turns off and immediately back on

2023-11-10 14:31:25 - last edited 2023-11-10 14:32:34
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

I'm having the same issue from a few years back I found on these forums, HS220 will turn off briefly and back on again.

Options
5 Reply
Re:HS220 Switch randomly turns off and immediately back on
2023-11-14 03:11:53

@IanAC 

Is this issue occurring after a specific action, such as controlling the switch (on/off) or adjusting the dimming?

What type of bulbs are connected to the switch, and how many? Could you provide the bulb models as well?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-14 23:45:20

@Wayne-TP 

This actually seems to happen when the switch has not been touched for a while. I have noticed it happen when the lights are in a dimmed state and also at full brightness.

This is a single light in our kitchen with 3 incandescent bulbs in it. I don't know the brand.

Nothing has changed recently that I can tell but this just started happening within the past few weeks.

Options
2023-11-15 12:06:34

@IanAC 

How about the dimming type of the light bulbs? What's the power of these bulbs?

Considering other feedback I've seen, it's possible that this issue might be a compatibility problem. If you can find the model, i can cross check on the community for similar feedback.

Have you tried to change the light bulbs?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-16 02:01:30

@Wayne-TP 

They are Globe Superbulbs - 100W - Incandescent - 3 total in the fixture (hangs down from ceiling a bit)

Is there any kind of limitation over max wattage on these dimmer switches? I'm not exceeding the 15A by any means.

Thanks for your help!

Options
Saturday

@IanAC 

I have this same issue. I see many people have been complaining about it for years. Is this ever going to be resolved?!? I see that support just keeps asking the same questions and asking customers to jump through the same hoops. This is ridiculous. If you can't fix it, stop selling the product!!!! I ready to replace all my Kass products and I have many. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 5

Related Articles