Votes

Control of smart plugs using external temperature from an internet source

2023-11-27 21:11:06 - last edited 2023-12-01 02:15:46
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.30 build230905

I have a few of these devices around the house but I am interested in being able to use the smart plug for control actions depending on the outside temperature. The app allows programming for lights to switch on at dusk, is their anyway to use external local temperature to provide some automation?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Control of smart plugs using external temperature from an internet source-Solution
2023-11-29 07:14:34 - last edited 2023-12-01 02:15:46

@keithleam 

Consider adding a Tapo temperature & humidity sensor T310 or T315 to your system. Create Automations with the smart plug to meet different needs! 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Control of smart plugs using external temperature from an internet source-Solution
2023-11-29 07:14:34 - last edited 2023-12-01 02:15:46

@keithleam 

Consider adding a Tapo temperature & humidity sensor T310 or T315 to your system. Create Automations with the smart plug to meet different needs! 

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Control of smart plugs using external temperature from an internet source
2023-11-30 10:12:30

@Wayne-TP 

But T310 and T315 are indoor devices.

The user is asking for a way to get the outdoor temperature and humidity. 

Options
2023-11-30 10:24:19

@Wayne-TP Yes I have considered that but I need a hub to use those which is more kit. If that is the only way, I can position a T310 in a porch out of the rain but was hoping there was a smarter solution using online data.

Options
2023-11-30 10:25:12

@Nuno00 Yes, thats what I thought. I can position one in a porch but it also needs a hub which I didnt want to have to buy.

Options
2023-12-01 02:15:41

@Nuno00 

T310 and T315 are not waterproof so they really can't be put into a completely open-air environment. However, If there is a place where it can be sheltered from the rain and sun, such as a porch or balcony, placing it in those locations is actually workable.

@keithleam If you're interested in exploring and enhancing your smart home experience, the Tapo hub can serve as a versatile companion. It supports various devices like temperature and humidity sensor, motion sensor, contact sensor, waterleak sensor, button switch, etc. Additionally, the hub itself can function as an alarm (e.g. Ring alarm when the temperature exceeds or falls below a set value).

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 377

Replies: 5

Voters 1