RV30-Plus Water Tank Cracks

2023-11-30 22:28:07 - last edited 2023-12-26 01:50:03
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 230911

Hello,

I am using the RV30 PLus for a aprox two months now, and the last time (3 days ago) I noticed sever cracks around the screws of the water tank. And I think is already leaking through some of those cracks as I found water under the unit after it was in resting mode and the contacts were wet and refused to charge. I emptied the water tank, dried everything and then it charged properly.

The problem is why did those cracks appear ? It has nothing but continuos flat surface, didn't crush or been hit by anything. Is this covered by warranty ? Can I get a new water tank ? 

Please advice.
Thank you!
Best regards.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RV30-Plus Water Tank Cracks-Solution
2023-12-01 06:04:33 - last edited 2023-12-26 01:50:03

@IoanaRO 

Did you add any cleaning agents to the water tank? Unofficial Tapo cleaner can potentially corrode the water tank or affect the lifetime of your vacuum.

Please use water at the moment and stay tuned for Tapo cleaning solution or cleanser, which will be released soon in the future. 

Frequently Asked Questions about Tapo Robot Vacuum

Part 2: Accessories of Tapo Robot Vacuum

1. Can I add my preferred cleaning agents to the water tank?

Not recommended. You can use water or Tapo cleaning agents instead of an unofficial floor cleaner as that may corrode the water tank or affect the lifetime of your vacuum.

It is recommended to use water at the moment or keep an eye on Tapo Multi-Surface Floor Cleaning Solution or other Tapo cleaners on the Tapo website that will be released in the future

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:RV30-Plus Water Tank Cracks-Solution
2023-12-01 06:04:33 - last edited 2023-12-26 01:50:03

@IoanaRO 

Did you add any cleaning agents to the water tank? Unofficial Tapo cleaner can potentially corrode the water tank or affect the lifetime of your vacuum.

Please use water at the moment and stay tuned for Tapo cleaning solution or cleanser, which will be released soon in the future. 

Frequently Asked Questions about Tapo Robot Vacuum

Part 2: Accessories of Tapo Robot Vacuum

1. Can I add my preferred cleaning agents to the water tank?

Not recommended. You can use water or Tapo cleaning agents instead of an unofficial floor cleaner as that may corrode the water tank or affect the lifetime of your vacuum.

It is recommended to use water at the moment or keep an eye on Tapo Multi-Surface Floor Cleaning Solution or other Tapo cleaners on the Tapo website that will be released in the future

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 185

Replies: 1

Related Articles