Kasa thermostat - motor not responding

2023-12-01 21:37:57 - last edited 2023-12-11 03:34:28
Model: KE100 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I bought a set of smart radiator controls a couple of days ago, installed them fine and they were working with no problems. I set routines for each of them and they controlled the temperature as intended. 

Earlier today I linked them to Alexa, and I noticed that one radiator was giving out full heat even though the app and the thermostat itself showed that the temperature was above that I'd set on the thermostat, ie it should have closed the valve. 

I tested each one and found that after turning the valve to show a different temperature, there was no motor response from the control at all... all the way from a high temp down to 5 degrees. 

Is this an issue with Alexa integration and would anyone know a solution? Will I need to reset each controller and just not use Alexa integration?

Thanks for any help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa thermostat - motor not responding-Solution
2023-12-06 10:11:05 - last edited 2023-12-11 03:34:28

@MikeLeeds 

When you set different temperature settings for the Kasa thermostat at various time intervals through Smart Control, the device calculates the valve opening and closing speed based on factors such as environmental temperature and machine operation conditions. To maintain a constant temperature and avoid frequent valve adjustments due to temperature changes, the valve won't fully close after reaching the set temperature. Consequently, the flowing water may cause a slight temperature increase, which is a normal occurrence.

As for the situation you mentioned here, can you help to check some information to verify if this is an unusual problem or not?

"I tested each one and found that after turning the valve to show a different temperature, there was no motor response from the control at all... all the way from a high temp down to 5 degrees. "

1. Did you adjust the temperature directly? Or did you change the temperature setting in Smart Control?
2. Did you make the change through the Kasa App or Alexa (App or voice control?)?
3. How long did you wait to observe the temperature after changing it?

4. Enable the Sleep mode (Device's Settings page), check if the valve can be fully closed.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa thermostat - motor not responding-Solution
2023-12-06 10:11:05 - last edited 2023-12-11 03:34:28

@MikeLeeds 

When you set different temperature settings for the Kasa thermostat at various time intervals through Smart Control, the device calculates the valve opening and closing speed based on factors such as environmental temperature and machine operation conditions. To maintain a constant temperature and avoid frequent valve adjustments due to temperature changes, the valve won't fully close after reaching the set temperature. Consequently, the flowing water may cause a slight temperature increase, which is a normal occurrence.

As for the situation you mentioned here, can you help to check some information to verify if this is an unusual problem or not?

"I tested each one and found that after turning the valve to show a different temperature, there was no motor response from the control at all... all the way from a high temp down to 5 degrees. "

1. Did you adjust the temperature directly? Or did you change the temperature setting in Smart Control?
2. Did you make the change through the Kasa App or Alexa (App or voice control?)?
3. How long did you wait to observe the temperature after changing it?

4. Enable the Sleep mode (Device's Settings page), check if the valve can be fully closed.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options