Broken smart extension

Broken smart extension

Broken smart extension
Broken smart extension
2023-12-09 01:23:44 - last edited 2023-12-12 07:53:41
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a kasa smart extension plug socket, with 3 sockets and 2 usb, i had it in a "waterproof box" unfortunately water got inside and short circuited the extension, power comes on but thats it, i cant connect it to my wifi or the app. I know some companies take items that are broken, dont know if they fix them or use the parts from them. i was wonderin if TP-Link Kasa did that as i dont want to throw it away if parts of it can be used or recycled??????

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Broken smart extension-Solution
2023-12-12 07:53:28 - last edited 2023-12-12 07:53:31

@TimSwain1988 

For devices still within the warranty period, the defective units collected after replacement will be processed according to environmental policies. As for devices outside this scope, such as older devices or those not covered by the warranty, we currently do not have a specific recycling program.

In your situation, we recommend checking if there are local recycling programs or organizations that offer services for recycling electronic devices, such as community initiatives or non-profit organizations. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Broken smart extension-Solution
2023-12-12 07:53:28 - last edited 2023-12-12 07:53:31

@TimSwain1988 

For devices still within the warranty period, the defective units collected after replacement will be processed according to environmental policies. As for devices outside this scope, such as older devices or those not covered by the warranty, we currently do not have a specific recycling program.

In your situation, we recommend checking if there are local recycling programs or organizations that offer services for recycling electronic devices, such as community initiatives or non-profit organizations. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Broken smart extension
2023-12-20 16:45:47

@Wayne-TP The device is less than 2 years old, but broke because it was used in another device that made it break.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 2

Related Articles