Votes

Automation rule based on temperature should allow decimals for degrees

2023-12-14 08:39:44
Model: Tapo T315  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.0 Buold 230921 Rel. 091446

The creation of automation rules based on temperature should allow the use of a decimal value since the sensor displays temperature with a decimal point. There is no reason not to used that in the Tapo app to allow for a more precise temperature range where things should happen. I am attaching the screen where temperature selection happens and where it should allow a selection with a decimal point. Perhaps even a field where the user could manually input the value besides the slider would be a good addition to the application.

Thanks in advance for even considering this.

Options
11 Reply
Re:Automation rule based on temperature should allow decimals for degrees
2023-12-26 07:41:26

Hello, I would also welcome this innovation in the app. If the app could work with decimals when setting up automazizations, I would purchase a lot more tapo products. 

Options
RE:Automation rule based on temperature should allow decimals for degrees
2024-01-31 08:49:50
he creation of automation rules based on temperature should allow the use of a decimal value
Options
RE:Automation rule based on temperature should allow decimals for degrees
2024-04-08 09:03:34
As said before and suggested by advertising. Also should be able to set an offset since the displayed value on mine actually isn't accurate (off by 2°) compared to two other classic thermometers.
Options
2024-04-08 09:06:46

I don't know how many replies a topic like would need for the suggestion i made to be considered but this really seems like a stupid little problem that shouldn't cause a whole lot of work and allow a better use of a product which otherwise is pretty solid.

Options
2024-04-08 13:39:46

@Floriano42  Definetly a good feature. Hopefully it will get implemented.

Options
2024-04-08 15:59:37
But why?
Options
2024-04-08 16:59:16
Are you just trolling posts?
Options
2024-04-08 17:13:39
What? You guys with your temperature control down to a decimal point of one °C look like trolls. I've seen these requests on Reddit from several fresh accounts and to me it looked like trolling. The KE100s can't even display decimals! Walk through a room and it changes it's temperature by one °C or open a door or a window! The KE100s are not made to control the temperature that precisely. And your feature request would complicate the whole system.
Options
2024-04-08 18:30:58

@aroedl I think the troll here it's you :) I don't know what model are you talking about but my temperature sensor displays it with a decimal and yes, since it allows rules to be set based on the detected temperature i would like, just because i should be able to, set a rule that things happen when temperature is below 21,5 degress or above 22,5 or even 22,1 just because i can see that temperature on the sensor. Instead of calling others trolls look in your own garden pal.

Options
2024-04-09 08:09:16

@Floriano42 Just like you say. yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 586

Replies: 11

Voters 11

+ 7 Voters