Tapo camera app for Kindle

2023-12-17 00:09:11 - last edited 2023-12-17 00:19:40
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Using Alexa,which I abhor, I sometimes get to view my TP Link cameras on my Kindle devices. When I am able to view the cameras output via Alexa the picture quality is grainy and usually pixelated. But when I am able to download the Tapo camera app from the Google play store to my proper android devices the picture quality is superb. So just why is the Tapo camera app  download not available on the Amazon app store. Can anyone tell me ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo camera app for Kindle
2023-12-19 08:45:57

@Skelly 

search and find a tapo apk file and install it on the tablet, done, easy peasy

Options
2023-12-19 14:09:28

@TTTusp 

TTTusp wrote

@Skelly 

Many thanks for this TTTusp.I did go this route already with my Fire HD 10 Tablet and its been working fine for the last 2 or 3 years. Sadly however this approach does not work with my Kindle Fire HDX 7. You would however think that Amazon customers should not have to faff about like this when all that is necessary is for Amazon to include the Tapo app on their own app store. Just what is Amazons problem with this. I have seen countless messages on various websites from Kindle/Amazon Tablet users who just want the straightforward Tapo app to be downloadable from the Amazon app store and not have to try and download it from the Google store and then mess about with APK installations. Of course Amazon will tell you to use  Alexa "skills"  ( a total misnomer) to set up what is a pretty poor substitute tapo camera viewer.

It would be enormously beneficial if Amazon just got their act together and made the Tapo app available to download from their own app store - easy peasy.

So why don't they - can anyone tell me?

Options
2024-03-30 08:19:29

@TTTusp  The APP Tapo app does not play back recorded videos on the Kindle Fire. It shows the videos but when the video is viewed, nothing happens, the video does not play. This is despite updating the APK, Tapo app and reinstalling. Just another example of Amazon non function!

TTTusp wrote

@Skelly 

Options
2024-04-01 02:49:51

@Smackirky 

Probably the video is missing? Can you play it with your phone?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 4

Related Articles